Friday, November 21, 2008

MyFitness Strikes Back



For some reason it seems they're taking it personally, I'm not taking it personally. I'm just being a committed and somewhat confused customer. It seems that instead of approaching the matter rationally they decided to counter-attack. Here's their 1-2-3 punch combination.

1. I like the steam room. It's much gentler on my dry eye syndrome than the sauna. Oh, and here's the product placement pitch - " Oxyal - the liquid of gods, too bad it doesn't come in gallon jars ". No no, I'm not getting paid for this, I'm being a brand evangelist...Let's get back to MyFitness. Steam room was closed for maintenance for three days and now when I go in there, I can't even break a sweat. Well, in that case why the hell would I go in there? They did manage to hang up some new signs though. One that states - MySteamRoom and two warning everybody about the hot surfaces. Yes, that is very responsible, too bad it no longer gets hot in there.

2. I would like to be an organized person, I really would, but...maybe it's just not meant to be. So, sometimes I forget to bring a towel with me. It used to be that in these unfortunate instances I was able to rent one for 25EEK's. That's no longer the case. Either planned or unplanned, I got no proof, they're all out of rental towels. Lucky for me and everybody else they have brand new towels for sale. The price is a "measly" 150 EEK's and of course it has a MyFitness LOGO on it, a BIG ONE. Now I happen to have an inside track on this and I happen to know that these towels cost them 65EEK's. That means, they would make their money back by renting them in 2.6 times. I guess that was not good enough for them, but that's not even my point. It's just that I don't need any more towels, I do need a replacement in case I forget mine.

3. ...and this one is a killer, the WiFi that was iffy to begin with is almost gone all together. They should rename it IfFy. My phone is no longer able to access it in about 80% of the gym. Since I couldn't do anything else while pedaling I ended up reading their new "Gym Rules". Turns out that mobile phones are no longer allowed. I guess they don't realize that for lot of people it's either you come to the gym with access to WiFi and other mobile communications or you don't come to the gym at all. I wish them luck...I do.

1-2-3-KO.....but wait, I totally forgot. IT IS NOT THE ONLY GYM IN TOWN.

No comments:

Post a Comment