Wednesday, November 19, 2008

In Search of a Perfect Burger at Swissotel

This was supposed to be a post on my food blog, but things don't always work out the way you plan. I wanted to compare three burgers I was gonna stuff myself with at three different places all in one day. I picked No3 Deli at Swissotel, Museum and McDonald's.
This is what happened.

15.30 I walk in the door at the Swissotel knowing that I have to attend a Deloitte round-table at 16.00(which by the way was surprisingly delightful). So, here I am. I say "Hello" and smile to the girls of No3 and before sitting down tell them that last night I heard somebody rave about their burger. Unfortunately I'm in real hurry so could you please tell me how long it will take. The response I receive is 5 to 10 minutes. Great, in that case I'll have a burger and a beer, please.

15.42 I walk up to the counter to remind them that...I really would like my beer now. They say OK.

15.52 My beer arrives.

15.55 My beer is finished. (Well... I had no idea they come in such tiny sizes anywhere in a world).

15.59 I walk up to the counter to announce that it's time for me to leave and I'm really not happy about the growling in my stomach. They tell me that it usually takes about 20 minutes for them to prepare a burger. At this point I'm not sure which way to go - either I could complain that they promised me a burger in 5 to 10 minutes, or I could point out that it's been exactly 29 minutes since I ordered my effing burger.

16.00 I pay for my burger and a beer, which by the way was quite a bit and leave mumbling ... I don't wanna use these words. No - we are sorry, no - maybe you could come back later to enjoy your burger, our burgers really are great, nothing. No - FUCKING A - nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing.

...and just recently I was told by a somewhat of an inside source that the occupancy rate at Swissotel hovers around 8%. I was the only customer who was ordering food, I was the only customer who made it clear that everything is not Hunky-dory. I don't know, how 'bout using the resources you have for the rest of the 92%, who are just sitting around doing nothing. I'm sure that if you combine everybody you can make it happen - it's just one burger.

I did get it four hours later at the Museum. It was not perfect, but boy was it satisfying.

2 comments:

  1. I sent them a message asking about their lunch buffet as I had heard form my own inside source that it is excellent value. No responce...nothing!

    ReplyDelete