Monday, September 8, 2008

AS Starman - Efficient Customer Service with a Smile

In case you don't remember, I had a bone to pick with Starman back in July. In my post "AS Starman Can You Hear Me Ground Control" I was complaining about how I had no TV channels and an Internet connection that was not as continuous as I had hoped for.

Here's living proof that I can be fair if compelled to do so. Today I woke up in a battle mode so I decided to take my fight into the Lion's Den - AS Starman Customer Service Office.

Well...there was no line. A customer rep was dealing with a customer when I walked in, but she acknoleged me with the nod and that's enough for me. In about 20 seconds an another rep showed up, invited me to sit and then did something I was not prepared for - She smiled. I almost dropped the cable-box i was holding.

The rest of it is just as incredible, sure I did not get my problems solved right then and there, but that was my fault. See if I would not have forgotten the remote to the box they would have replaced everything at that very moment. They did give me directions though to their mid-town office, so I wouldn't have to drive back to them and told me that they will inform the other office about my visit.

Other than a little hick-up on a part of a trainee at the mid-town office everything went real smooth. She was asking for a document nobody should ever ask for, but sitting right next to her was another customer rep, may I add a very attractive one, who told her that they did call from the other office and she should just give me the new box.

And then she smiled. WOW. Customer service with a smile really is the best type of Marketing. No need to mindlessly spend money on mindless advertising. Thank you Starman for not ruining today. In case you didn't know - there's enormous value in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment