Monday, April 21, 2008

I twitter, you twitter, we all twitter.

I think I'm falling in love again...This time with twitter. She's neat, organized, quick and always there. I love the way she cuts me off at 140 when I can't control myself and just start to babble continuously.

Well at least I think so. See, I still haven't figured out how to use it and I am not alone. Sure I just post tweets from my phone about how I feel and what I'm doing at that very instant and yes the other times when I'm confused about what I should be doing on my laptop I use twitter to express either my boredom or fedupness. That's got to be a new word.

What's even more confusing than my chaotic twittering is the way companies are trying to fit this new communication tool into their marketing mix. Just out of curiosity I chose couple of them to follow me and I'm following them.

Seesmic search - that's still in private alpha, but a really cool concept and it has been entertaining to follow all the techno-chat on a daily basis.

The other one has been Tablet Hotels, an online luxury hotel booking service type a thing. Now first of all I find the frequency of their tweets to be excessive, but that's not the main problem.

C'mon I don't need to be notified of every single new hotel that you guys just added to your network. I don't think anybody is going to drop everything and fly to Mauritius just because they can book a room through your website.There is no value for me in these kinda tweets. It's just new type of SPAM.

Oh yes, I want value from you, since I let you into my personal inner circle of my real twitter friends. These are people who I care about and who's opinions I value. You are a business and you don't really belong there with my friends, so wake up and offer me something. Be funny, scary, sexy, on the spot. Something...

and whatever you, do don't SPAM me.

No comments:

Post a Comment